MORE POSTCARDS FROM MICRONESIA
Yap house, Federated States of
Guam wartime photographs.
Entertaining the troops on Guam.
Engravings of Caroline Islanders,
An early image of the Agana bus
- An early German stamp from
- The Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- A scarce official first day cover from the
Federated States of Micronesia. The stamps relate
- to the infamous William "Bully" Hayes
(1829-1877). The stamps depict (1) The sinking
- of the ship Leonora, (2) Forging of a
Hawaiian stamp, (3) "Bully" Hayes,
- (4) Biography by Louis Becke, (5) Hayes escapes
Wartime newspaper poster.
- Pilots cheering and pleased over their victory
during the Marshall Islands attack.
- Pictured here across the tail of an F6F Hellcat
on board the USS Lexington, after shooting down
- 17 out of 20 Japanese planes heading for
Tarawa, Kiribati. Photo: Commander Edward J. Steichen.
Micronesia Postcards and Picture Galleries
Oceania Home Page
- Jane's Micronesia Home Page
- (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org --
Rev. 15th June 2011)